The Advancement Associate is directly responsible for the comprehensive management of Blackbaud’s The Raiser's Edge and other school databases used for communications purposes (e.g. iContact, Finalsite, Omnialert, DirectorySpot). This position is also responsible for prospect research, moves management, and capital campaign status. This position reports to the Director of Advancement and works closely with other Advancement Office staff, the Business Office and school staff to ensure consistent record-keeping and information management for a busy fundraising and communications office. The ideal candidate is exceptionally reliable, proactive, resourceful, detail-oriented, demonstrates excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, and is committed to supporting the mission and goals of San Francisco Day School.
Comprehensive Management Donor & Other Communications Databases
- Manage the operation, maintenance, data integrity, and accuracy for The Raiser’s Edge (RE) constituent database management system.
- Determine how best to manage and utilize data to meet the needs of the school’s Advancement and Communications office.
- Maintain robust and comprehensive constituent records in RE that reflect our relationship-driven approach to fundraising, track meeting and event notes, and family news. Proactively monitor philanthropic news for information on donor giving priorities.
- Manage the creation of donor reports. Develop additional reports and lists that are responsive to the needs of the Advancement Office. Proactively manage the reports process and prioritize and accommodate requests for data and reports.
- Manage updates to and accuracy of contact and constituent information across communications databases including iContact, Finalsite, Omnialert, DirectorySpot and others as needed.
Capital Campaign Support & Prospect Research
- Develop and maintain systems and procedures for effectively tracking pipeline of campaign donors, progress towards goal, and data analysis.
- Conduct prospect research and wealth screening, develop donor profiles.
- Write quarterly donor stewardship reports for all campaign donors and grant
-specific reports for donors to all funds.
Gifts Processing and Acknowledgements
- Process all gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations, and organizations received by SF Day and Breakthrough San Francisco, an academic enrichment and college-access program hosted by SF Day.
- Generate gift acknowledgement letters, receipts, and pledge reminders in a timely manner.
- Manage and coordinate monthly reconciliation and annual audit requests with the Business Office.
- Manage requests for information from donors, volunteers, and staff.
- Manage coding of appeals and solicitations through The Raiser’s Edge.
- Draft, proofread and copy edit as needed.
- Coordinate production and mailing logistics of solicitations and stewardship mailings.
General Office Management
- Serve as the first point of contact for the Advancement Office, greet visitors and direct donor inquiries both face-to-face and by phone.
- Develop good rapport with parents, faculty and staff, alumni, and all others connected to the school.
- Attend and help with events as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Advancement.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of related professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Extensive database experience and proficiency with Blackbaud’s The Raiser’s Edge is required. Experience with Financial Edge is a plus.
- Extensive experience and facility with Google Suite is required.
- Time-management skills, the ability to multitask under pressure, creative problem-solving skills, and strong organizational and project management skills.
- Perform all functions with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Listen attentively and work effectively with others to support organizational goals.
- Develop good rapport with parents, faculty and staff, alumni, and all others connected to the school -- embrace and support the school community.
- Demonstrate a positive and productive attitude.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends occasionally.
ABOUT SAN FRANCISCO DAY SCHOOL
At San Francisco Day School, we believe that when intellect and imagination are intertwined, students delight in the discovery of connection: in their academic and creative pursuits, in their relationships, and in all that they experience here. Every day we help our students emerge as flexible and resourceful learners. Because when we do, our students light up with the call and capacity to take on the complexities of their day and of a diverse world.
SF Day Fast Facts
- Independent, co-educational school
- Founded in 1981
- Serving 400 students
- Located in the heart of SF
Ready to Join SF Day?
SF Day celebrates and welcomes faculty and staff who reflect the broad range of diversity in the Bay Area. We encourage people of color and LGBTQ+ applicants to apply. SF Day offers excellent benefits and a competitive salary.