Join our team at SF Day! We are seeking a talented individual to join our teaching team.
At San Francisco Day School, we believe that when intellect and imagination are intertwined, students delight in the discovery of connection: in their academic and creative pursuits, in their relationships, and in all that they experience here. Every day we help our students emerge as flexible and resourceful learners. Because when we do, our students light up with the call and capacity to take on the complexities of their day and of a diverse world.
- Independent, co-educational school
- Founded in 1981
- Serving 400 students
- Located in the heart of SF
- A compassionate educator and role model?
- A curious and creative teacher excited to bridge intellect and imagination in your classroom?
- Adept at designing curriculum around inquiry-based learning?
- Excited to learn, teach, and grow in a 1:1 iPad learning environment?
- Willing to work with instructional coaches as part of a Professional Learning Community?
- An effective communicator and thoughtful listener?
- An engaged and inclusive community member eager to partner with families, students, and colleagues?
Yes? Then read on!
- Bachelor’s degree in Spanish or related field, Master’s preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience and a strong curricular background
- Proficient technology skills including, but not limited to, taking attendance digitally, Microsoft Office and Google Suite (docs, sheets, drive, etc)
- Experience with Universal Design for Learning framework a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ideal candidates possess extensive knowledge of designing and leading Spanish curriculum design that includes experience working in cross-curricular contexts and are comfortable collaborating with colleagues across teams. The ideal candidate should also demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including cultural competency skills and social justice.
- Teach hands-on, project-based social studies curriculum for middle school students to facilitate listening, speaking, reading, and writing in Spanish
- Facilitate advisory for middle-school students
- Collaborate with teams to design and implement an interdisciplinary, thematic-based, experiential curriculum
- Participate in all aspects of faculty life, including outdoor education and service-learning
- Foster a love of learning in every student
- Must be able to work in-person with students
Ready to Join SF Day?
SF Day celebrates and welcomes faculty and staff who reflect the broad range of diversity in the Bay Area. We encourage people of color and LGBTQ+ applicants to apply. SF Day offers excellent benefits and a competitive salary. Please apply online: